Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2004 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Sony Vegas Pro 12 was released today.

http://www.sonycreat...m/vegassoftware

No doubt an email will come around to existing users offering them a cheap upgrade.

There was also a further update to version 11, build 700/701.

There are a few nice new features in version 12, but nothing amazing. What the community is really screaming for is stability, as this has gradually been lost since version 8 to the point that 11 was a buggy mess with users jumping ship to Premiere, Edius etc.. Hopefully version 12 will provide it.

Release Notes.

Edited by Nick Hope, 26 September 2012 - 01:12 AM.

#2 wolfeeldiver

wolfeeldiver

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Finally getting into creating underwater videos after 30 yrs of shooting stills. Now were having fun!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

I ran across one online review somewhere.. cant recall where at the moment.. but that reviewer was commenting that it appeared to be the most stable version since 8.
I'm just a bit bummed that I upgraded to 11 not that long ago.. now comes 12... but I suppose that is the software business game after all...

#3 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2004 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

There's a deal for $50 off the upgrade for existing users until the end of October. I am on V10, and will take the upgrade to have in store for when I upgrade to Windows 7. From reading the SCS forum, it does seem like this version is going to be more solid than V11. Also, we found and identified this bug recently, that exists in V10/V11. Sony say they will fix that in the first V12 update. I would be astonished if they also release a fix for V10/V11.

#4 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

I recieved my copy of Pro 12 the other day. A big thumbs up from me as it now reads panasonic P2 files natively, instead of needing the raylight plugin.
Owner of Down Under Aquatic Imaging. Stockist of Gates/Subal/Archon/Flip3.1
www.duai.com.au