• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drpepper

drpepper

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

I don't think I need to make the case for a full frame fisheye zoom; there have been many threads on this topic, and plenty of workarounds suggested to try and get the Tokina 10-17mm to work effectively on a full frame sensor.

A few years back there was talk of making the case directly to Tokina with a petition. As far as I know, this never happened. (If it did, it doesn't seem to have had an effect!)

As a result, I've taken the liberty of creating a petition with the aim of getting Tokina to see the market for this lens.

If you're in agreement, please sign away! At the same time, if you're able to write something in the comments section of the petition as you sign it (e.g. your thoughts on the lens, if you think you would buy it, etc.) that will lend it much more weight.

All the best,

Tom

P.S. If anyone with a website would like to advertise this petition and therefore make it more effective, please let me know and I can send you the code for a 'widget'. I think.

Edited by drpepper, 04 October 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#2 Udo van Dongen

Udo van Dongen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Signed! But maybe it's a good idea to start the same kind of petition to other lens manufacturers as well (i'd prefer a Nikon over a Tokina).

Best, Udo

www.udovandongen.com
Nikon D800, D800E, Hugyfot housing, 15 mm fisheye, 16-35 mm WA, 105mm VR Macro, 60 mm Macro, Subsee +5 an +10 wet diopters, Inon Z-240 strobes (3x), Inon float arms, Nauticam armclamps, Bigblue and Inon focus lights.

check out more photos on the facebook

#3 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8384 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Not for me.

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#4 drpepper

drpepper

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

Alex,

Can I enquire why? You seemed keen a few years back and seem to get plenty of use out of the 15mm and 16mm FX fisheyes; why not a zoom?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: full frame, fisheye, zoom, fx, tokina, petition