6 replies to this topic

#1 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, Aprilia RSVR, VW Vans! www.scubysnaps.com

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

re-hashed my collection of 50 as technology and my skills have been improving (imo!)

http://scubysnaps.com/hanifaru

critique welcome

Edited by Scubysnaps, 05 October 2012 - 11:25 AM.

Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>

#2 gee13

gee13

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

Awesome action shots paul. What dome size were you using? Also were you allowed to dive in the bay as these shots look like divingbwas involved and I hear there have been new regulations.

#3 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Thanks Gee, I was using just the normal 8" dome, yes diving was allowed in the bay, no restrictions at all then, I was lucky to book a trip just as it was hitting the popularity stage, but all the sites around the bay still gave loads of action and of there wasn't you still have some amazing reefs to dive around, we passed Hanifaru most days and there isn't always action there, its a very dull seascape there too, in the bay. I wouldn't let the restrictions put anyone off, I got the whaleshark shot snorkelling in the bay "free diving"
Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>

#4 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Hi Paul

To me I think that there are a lot of images within this specific gallery that look over processed. An example of this is the PS sunburst images. Personally I don't think they work. There also seem to be a few that are out of focus and not sharp in the right areas. If you are serious about selling your images via your website, then it might be an idea to remove images such as I have mentioned and just keep the images that tick the boxes that future clients will be looking for. I think it would be totally different if your website was just a place where you display your images for friends to look at but if you are after sales from your images, T shirts, calanders and want photographers to hire you to teach them underwater photography, or publishers to commission you then I think you need to streamline all of your galleries. Having photos within your website that are personal to you, but not to anyone else, just adds clutter to your website. There are some nice images in each gallery and my opinion is that you should be a bit more decisive about what you want people to buy and what you would like people to just look at. Perhaps keep your website for the best images that you have and join flickr to post the others. It's about quality not quantity. I hope this is taken in the way it is meant

All the best

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#5 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Thanks Stew, I do get what you mean, it takes a lot of time to get them down to the amount I already have but self criticism is hard, I dont get much help in deciding, its probably the hardest job of all, as we all have different opinions, sometime if one maybe out of focus in some way, it may have been the position of the subject caught in action, as to the over PP, my personal view is that the blue is dialled in to what people like to see not exactly what it may be at the time...please feel free to throw some image numbers at me and I'll seriosly consider your proposal
Cheers
Paul

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>

#6 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

Christ I haven't got that much time on my hands. Only joking :-) when I get back to my hotel tonight I will have a look through and let you know

Regards

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#7 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

Ah there you go again winding me up! no worries cheers Stew
Cheers
Paul

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>