Photo
- - - - -

Oly EM-5/Nauticam housing/S&S strobes/ulcs tray arm weight?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jlyle

jlyle

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Several people have inquired about the weight of the Nauticam/OM-D rig, in and out of the water.

My Oly OM-D with 8mm lens, Nauticam housing with 4.33" dome port, ultralight tray/arms, dual Sea and Sea D1 strobes, and Styx floats.

Weight in air = 10.1 pounds (4.6 Kg).

Weight in fresh water = 0.5 pounds (225 g). Salt water 215 g).

Weight will vary with the lens/lens port, but the above figures will serve as a general guide.

Posted Image

Edited by jlyle, 09 October 2012 - 05:53 PM.

Olmpus OM-D EM-5 in a Nauticam housing with dual Sea and Sea YS D1 strobes
8mm, 12-50mm, 45mm lenses
My web page.

#2 Bubblke7

Bubblke7

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

My set up pretty much the same, I used Nauticam Flxitray, and 12-50mm port and zoom gear,
I found them heavy underweater...

Edited by Bubblke7, 09 October 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#3 tdtaylor

tdtaylor

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

As noted in another thread, my setup is the same with the addition of a focus light, Nauticam flip diopter holder and Dyron +7 diopter, and Port 56, mine is about 11 pounds on land. With 6 jumbo Stix floats, it is about 0.25 pounds UW.

Far lighter on land than my D700, Ikelite housing, Ikelite SB-160s,Ikelite tray, and focus light, which is about 22 pounds. Ironically, 8 Stix floats will make that rig about 0.25 UW. Shows how much airspace is in the Ikelite housing. When I weighed them in a tub with a luggage scale, they were both about 3 and a half pounds negative before the Stix floats.