M.Zuiko 60mm/f2.8 Macro with E-PL3 in Oly housing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 zelko

zelko

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Diving, u/w photography (is there anything else?)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Hi!

Is anybody using already this new macro lens for m4/3? And my biggest concern: will it fit somehow into the PT-EP05L housing? With what port? Standard Olympus port? Zen-Port DP-100 or some dedicated macro port?

I'm very curious whether I can already buy this lens for u/w usage :-)

br
Zelko
"To be is to do." (Socrates)
"To do is to be." (Sartre)
"Doo bee doo bee doo." (Sinatra)
Profiles on Flickr and 500px

#2 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

It should fit fine in the PT-EP05L standard port.

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com Sea & Sea, Olympus, Ikelite, Athena, Zen, Fix, Nauticam, Aquatica, Seacam, Gates, 10Bar, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line - Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories
Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog
Flickr Gallerys: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#3 girelle

girelle

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

I'm waiting impatiently to try mine , hope on Saturday , lense inside the Nauticam 12-50 port .
Both lenses ( 12-50 and 60 mm )are nearby the same size , and none of them protrude when making focus :)

#4 chris_l

chris_l

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

http://www.uwphotogr...cro-lens-review

#5 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

I have been using the 60mm macro for a few weeks now in the Nauticam housing with the flat port 72. You can find some of the images here,

http://www.digitaldi...art=15#lastPost

Phil Rudin

#6 abcdavidson

abcdavidson

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi guys,

The 60mm lens does NOT fit in the PT-EP05L. As I unfortunately found out!

Adam

#7 kieranu

kieranu

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I have the Nauticam housing and 12-50 port on the way and thinking about the 60mm lens. I suspect it fits in the 12-50 port based on the dimensions but I'm wondering about any negative impact on image quality or lens control. The main advantage would be the space saved by having one fewer ports given that the cost of the port for the 60mm and the adapter to use M67 diopters with the 12-50 port is about the same. What are your experiences? Thanks

#8 Honken

Honken

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Is there any other port that will fit on the PT-EP05L housing and will take the 60mm Macro lens?

#9 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

The stock Olympus WITHOUT the four lights and threads will work. Also the ZEN Underwater port for the 14-42 and 9-18 zooms which has a curved glass. I would not expect to see any custom port for the PEN housings since the above ports will work.

A custom port for the 60 macro with 67mm threads will arrive soon for Nauticam housing owners, also 20mm and 30mm extension ports which can be used with the Nauticam 35 and 45 macro ports will follow the custom port.

Phil Rudin

Edited by Phil Rudin, 22 November 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#10 droplet

droplet

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

The stock Olympus WITHOUT the four lights and threads will work. Also the ZEN Underwater port for the 14-42 and 9-18 zooms which has a curved glass. I would not expect to see any custom port for the PEN housings since the above ports will work.

A custom port for the 60 macro with 67mm threads will arrive soon for Nauticam housing owners, also 20mm and 30mm extension ports which can be used with the Nauticam 35 and 45 macro ports will follow the custom port.

Phil Rudin

Hi, how to buy "The stock Olympus WITHOUT the four lights and threads"?

I have check also price for option of Athena port with adapter:

AD/EP05-PTE + (EP/22-PTE+OPF-MP30-PTE)/OPF-MP30-PTE

It  seems to be over $600, too much for me.

Does anyone have any experience with port PPO-EP01 with housing PT-EP06L/PT-EP05L?

#11 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Does anyone have any experience with port PPO-EP01 with housing PT-EP06L/PT-EP05L?

Won't fit, different mount. There is another housing the PT-EP06 for the PM1 that doesn't have the lights. Otherwise, I would use what you have, or maybe see if you can find a junked Oly EP01 housing or somehting to reclaim the port from. The lighted port is a bit bigger, but has tthreads to take a diopter, which is a good idea with that the 60mm macro.

As far as I know, the ports aren't sold seperately.

Jack

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com Sea & Sea, Olympus, Ikelite, Athena, Zen, Fix, Nauticam, Aquatica, Seacam, Gates, 10Bar, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line - Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories
Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog
Flickr Gallerys: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#12 droplet

droplet

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Won't fit, different mount. There is another housing the PT-EP06 for the PM1 that doesn't have the lights. Otherwise, I would use what you have, or maybe see if you can find a junked Oly EP01 housing or somehting to reclaim the port from. The lighted port is a bit bigger, but has tthreads to take a diopter, which is a good idea with that the 60mm macro.

As far as I know, the ports aren't sold seperately.

Jack

Thanks Jack but according to reefphoto PP0-EP01 can be disasembled to port and adpter ring.

Oly.removing-the-port-adapter-320px_11.j

hence my willingness to find out if anyone had tried this port with PT-EP05L/PT-EP06L.

Edited by droplet, 26 February 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#13 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I believe it is the same E-PL1/2, etc. port with the new mount that allows the port to be mounted to the Olympus housing for the OMD E-M5 camera. If you intend to make the move to the OMD system at some point it is a kind of pay me now or pay me later kind of thing because I don't think you can buy the port adapter for the OMD housing as a single item either.

Phil Rudin