Photo
- - - - -

Stop fishing in the egyptian Marine parks.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

It's all change in Egypt now with little enforcement of marine park rules. Ask your tour operator if your liveaboard crew are in the habit of fishing in the Marine Parks and make its banning a condition of your booking._FFF1377_comp.jpg

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?

#2 xariatay

xariatay

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

I shall endeavour to ask my next LOB operator if fishing on their boat is allowed... There are better operators like these... http://wetpixel.com/...5460&hl=seafood
Help End the slaugther of Dolphins in Taiji! Petition Site
G9, UN macro lens (MIA in Buyat Bay), no strobe. My Dive Blog

#3 DamonA

DamonA

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Scuba, Skin Diving, "Animal Lover" and Woodworking, Licensed Professional Joiner & Carpenter.
    Don't like contact sport at all or elite level professional sport.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

Here In Brisbane, people with lots of money still violate no- fishing areas' in reacreational boats $70,000+ and I have photos and harassed the ar$e out these cuckholing scum, and they have won.
I wet a camera thru lossing my cool- which is quite strong minded, I front these people and give them a good tongue lashing, radio the law...but nothing.....1st thing I ask is .

"If you fish a restricted zone, why you do that is you believe fishing in other areas is depleted- thus we need more no-fishzones and better enforcement"

....dam I have changed a good few; but the worst types are marine collectors and spearfishermen who are recollectively of bristish/european big game hunters of the pre-war era.....smarmy, egotistical wankers; that need reeling in for the sadists they are!

Australia post just let out a bunch of GBR fishes stamps- I live in the most marine diversant environment, but little is cared for more then the international corporations mining interests- please GTFO! americans and UK owned corps!

either side of politics are just a Muppet show here to be real!

I have a 17ft boat 100hp with A HIGH & SHARP bow of 8mm home made plate alloy it's a battle can, they don't try me on here, I can spin on a dime or cut a fibre/tin hull open like a egg......12g bentley ss helps too!

you charter divers aint seeing bugger all to be true about it.....but your attitudes are just and honerable..............hope for the future guys!

John that picture really makes me so sad mate!

Edited by DamonA, 18 October 2012 - 04:08 AM.

#4 Longimanus1975

Longimanus1975

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Must say that there were 2 at Daedalus last week with hooks in them!