• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gee13

gee13

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Im currently using a LM Sola 600 and on the last trip I had a few issues with after a full few hours charge I only had less than a dive before the light went out of juice. Yes im going to contact where I had purchased from and get their advice on this.. Light is less than 6 months old and only had about 30 dives. Charge is intermittent and I cant afford another. Sola 600 as a backup (obvious on cost factor) should the light totally fail on say.. a LOB trip. So im looking at value for money option to connect a good led torch which is compact has a good wide beam with interchangeable AA batteries and can be ball mounted on a ulcs std clamp. Happy to invest more than $100-150. Suggestions welcome.

#2 eyu

eyu

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

I like the FishEye fix LED 48DX light, the brightness is adjustable and they take AA batteries. I have done a month long dive trip without changing batteries.

Nikon D800E, D800, Subal ND800, Inon Z240, ULCS with StiX floats

#3 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1497 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I have bought a number of cheap lights on *bay from a variety of sellers. They are rated at 1200 or 1400 lumens, take 2 x 18630 batteries, very bright and last for more than 1 hour at full power. I velcro on a little diffuser and use this light lots as a backup. They typically cost less than $60 and are great for backup.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net