Photo

For Sale: Solus SV2 LED Video lighting system with battery packs, 800-watt or 3,800 lumen equivalent

video lights

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 norbertwu

norbertwu

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

I bought these lights in 2009 and ended up rarely used them. They are rock-solid, dependable LED lights with battery packs. They were made by SOLUS Submersible Products in Ireland. We modified the lights and battery packs so that everything is attached with wet-pluggable Subconn connectors. You can plug the batteries into the lights while underwater (but you don’t want to leave a battery connector unplugged while underwater for too long). These lights are equivalent to 800 watts or 3,800 lumen.

The lights can be connected so that one light runs off one battery pack, or one light runs off two battery packs. The battery life is 1.5 hours for one bulb with two battery packs, and 45 minutes for one bulb with one battery pack. Light heads have a standard ball on them so you can mount them on standard ball arms. The battery packs have clips so you can clip them to a BC.

I’ve posted images of the lights at:
www.norbertwu.com/nwp/stuff-for-sale/solus-lights-web/index.html

I’ve also posted images of the lights with this posting.

The first two images show a Solus light beam compared to a Light & Motion Sola 2000 light beam. The Solus beam is warmer and has a bit of a hotspot. Image 3 shows one Solus (only the head on the right is turned on) with an Ikelite S/S 200 diffuser taped in front of it. This makes the Solus light beam wider and more uniform. The rest of the images show the Solus lights attached to battery packs.

I am asking $1200 for the two light heads and battery packs, plus the cost of shipping.

If you are interested, please contact Norbert Wu at temp2_at_norbertwu.com. Please no phone calls. I am happy to entertain reasonable offers. I can accept credit cards, Paypal, money orders, and personal checks. Money orders and personal checks will have to clear my bank before the product is shipped; which can take up to three weeks. Shipping will be at buyer's expense (at actual cost) and will be UPS Ground, Fedex Ground, or USPS Priority Mail (all of which give tracking of packages). If we conclude a deal, I'll give you a quote for shipping via one of the above methods.

Thanks!

Norbert Wu

Attached Images

• _MG_9135 Solus full power at f11.JPG
  • _MG_9136  Sola full power at f11.JPG
  • _MG_9138 Solus with diffuser.JPG
  • _MG_9154.JPG

#2 norbertwu

norbertwu

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts