http://nofilmschool....-showdown-2-7k/

#22 SPP

SPP

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

For underwater, perhaps watch this :

Low bit rate uploaded and crappy cloudy water viz but it did very well, the HD3 black.

In a 100 foot viz, that whale spinning footage in HD3 official video can be improved for its IQ ( my opinion ), because at that time 2.7K was not ready yet according to Abe the Chief video editor of GP.

My Inon H100 alone to get similar HD2 MEDIUM FOV 1080p for my RX100, cost 25% more than the entire HD3 Black he he he and will be almost equal if thrown in a URPRO-SRP color correction filter + UL ball mount & GoPro tripod adapter . URPRO-SRP will be available soon after DEMA.

This micro baby for wide angle will be nice.......damn, mine has not arrived yet.

#23 Demonic

Demonic

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

As excited as I was to get the Gopro 3 black I was quick to return it to the store...
Many issues and it seems bad reviews are popping up on amazon with same problems and a few other issues I did not have. Contacted customer support 3 times and never heard back so they seem to be backed up dealing with these issues.

My problems were, speaker picks up internal electronic noises during video that pulses along with the on and off blinking record light.

Video automatically segments itself not allowing for videos longer than 17:26. I can combine segments PP but should not have to

At $399 plus $80 lcd screen and more $ for a micro memory card I expected a better product

#24 SPP

SPP

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

That is sad. In HD2 we can disable the red light, HD3 should be the same. This one is one issue I first heard though.

Video file automatically segmenting itself to max 4GB or that 17:26 you get.... is Microsoft limitation for FAT32 , you should know that if you have played with memory card based camcorder, google it. Some cameras will set limit lower, 2GB.

1st batch HD3 seems to have issue, usually freezing though not the noise you mentioned.

I hope my coming HD3 Black will be a later batch.

#25 Demonic

Demonic

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

4gb limit on video is new to me as I mostly use hard drive for recording.. Thanks for the info on that

Audio noise was a bummer maybe in 4-6 months I will try again if they get the bugs worked out

#26 mcliffy2

mcliffy2

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

I'm taking the Hero 3 Black to Palau next week. I'll have some video samples to share soon.

Here is the setup:
HD Hero 3 Black
LCD Bac Pac Touch
Mako Tray and Handles
(2) La Luz Optics lights
polar pro red filter

Posted Image

#27 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

You may need the green water filter instead!

http://reliefweb.int...ha-26w-update-4

Check to make sure flights are still running.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#28 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Still waiting on mine to get here. Question, does the battery for the HERO 1 or 2 fit the HERO 3? What are the steps for manual white balance.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#29 Demonic

Demonic

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

No- battery is not tranferable between the 3 and the older models.

No manual white balance "more of a manual CHOOSE your white balance before recording from white balance presets or go Auto white balance"

Options for white balance are..3000K 5500K 6500K or cam raw

Edited by Demonic, 06 December 2012 - 04:15 PM.