• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rramaley

rramaley

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I thought I might share this with those of you with young children. About 9 months ago, Ellie, a daughter of our friends in the US, sent us "Little Bear" - a photocopy of a character that the children in her class have been reading about in books. She asked us to show him around Sydney, and send him and a postcard back so she could share his adventures with her 1st grade class.

We did something even better: we laminated Little Bear and took him diving with us around Sydney Harbour and some of the coastal sites. We showed him the wonderful underwater life and made a video for Ellie to share!

(I realised that after rendering the movie and deleting my Final Cut project, that the Port Jackson shark wasn't a Port Jackson shark (no harness markings), but a Crested Hornshark, so apologies for the mistake but it's there to stay. Posted Image). (By the way, am I the only person who cringes at the sound of their own recorded voice?)

Filmed on a Sony HDRXR550 in a Light and Motion Bluefin Pro housing with Sola 1200 lights.

Hope your children enjoy it!

[vimeohd]35068697[/vimeohd]

Edited by rramaley, 24 October 2012 - 06:41 PM.

www.rebeccaramaley.com

#2 Julian D

Julian D

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Great video, very cool and thoughtful. Like your style!

#3 SwiftFF5

SwiftFF5

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Water Rescue (Public Safety Diving) - yeah, I'm a mud crawler.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

Very nice video, very cute. I'm sure that the kids enjoyed it. And yes, I am also self-concious about the sound of my recorded voice.
Canon Vixia HF-S30, L&M Bluefin Pro
Public Safety Diver

#4 gee13

gee13

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

Great Video! I will be sharing this with my little one.. The Voice Over is just perfect bedtime story tone for kids. You should be applauded!

#5 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

Great stuff!

It is very hard to make films for children as the age range of interest is so severe. What a 4 year old likes a 3 year old may not understand and a 5 year old could find boring. Gracie(4) loved it, but Oliver(11mths) was a little too young and just shouted 'egg' while trying to hit the screen.

Very well done! :)

Cheers, Simon

#6 rramaley

rramaley

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

but Oliver(11mths) was a little too young and just shouted 'egg' while trying to hit the screen.

How interesting, my husband (40) did the same thing!!! ;)

www.rebeccaramaley.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sydney, Childrens video, diving