Photo
- - - - -

Nauticam or Wahoo monitor on Aquatica 5Dmk3, Can do?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scuba_SI

Scuba_SI

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • Interests:Owner / Manager / Handyman at NAD-Lembeh.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

Hi,

Do you know if the Nauticam monitor can be easily put on the Aquatica 5Dmk3 housing? I believe it relates to thread size of the ports and according to AlexT, its M16 for the Nauticam. Does the Aquatica have an M16 socket on there somewhere?
The Wahoo is on waiting list, and im impatient :)
Thanks Posted Image

Simon

Edited by Scuba_SI, 25 October 2012 - 02:50 AM.

Nauticam Rossa / 5Dmk3 / A7r / EM-1 / S110

http://vimeo.com/lembehmuckdiver

www.nad-lembeh.com: 2:1 diveguide ratio for June / July 2014!!

#2 escape

escape

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Simon, Did you get already CLM-V55? How it's work with 5DMK3? You can get full screen when REC? Syncing fast?
Sorry for the OT.

#3 Alexx

Alexx

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Tec diving, Cave diving, UW photography and videography.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

Hi,

Do you know if the Nauticam monitor can be easily put on the Aquatica 5Dmk3 housing? I believe it relates to thread size of the ports and according to AlexT, its M16 for the Nauticam. Does the Aquatica have an M16 socket on there somewhere?
The Wahoo is on waiting list, and im impatient Posted Image
Thanks Posted Image

Simon

I have the same problem. I have Aquatica housing and I bought SmallHD. Member Cp told me that they are producing bulkhead 1/2 so Nauticam SmallHD DP4 housing can be connected with Aquatica. Unfortunately I have no new information since May :(

Check out the thread here: http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=46363

Canon 7D, Aquatica housing, 2 x Inon Z240, Canon 16-35 f2.8, Tokina 10-17, Canon 100mm macro, 2x Inon LE550W, 2xMangrove 4L6 lights

- Vimeo Channel -

#4 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

The bulkhead adapter has been produced for Aquatica, but none of the internal HDMI cables were long enough for Aquatica 5D Mark II at the time these were tested. A longer 240mm internal cable has been manufactured to accommodate this system.

I haven't personally tested compatibility with 5D Mark III or 7D in Aquatica housings. The system works well, as you'd expect, with Nauticam housings.

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com

#5 aroundlsu

aroundlsu

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

I would be happy with an analog SD adapter. It would great to tap into the analog SD output of a 5D Mark II, send it to the bulkhead, then to a monitor, then to the surface. I was planning to make one myself when I found this thread. I am shooting commercial and theatrical work and need to be able to send video to the surface.

Keep in mind, if you are just using the feed for monitoring purposes than the 480p SD output from the 5D is good and much less problematic than dealing with the HDMI.

Edited by aroundlsu, 22 November 2012 - 09:43 PM.

Teddy Smith, SOC
www.teddysmithstudio.com

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4092725/

#6 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Analog works for monitoring and framing, but the 1:1 crop down on a real HD video signal is pretty nice for focus confirmation, and only usable with an HD feed.

We actually made an SD jumper for a wetpixel member who's Subal 5D2 housing didn't allow HDMI out, but it was a hand made one off.

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com