• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thedidavid

thedidavid

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

Clocked my 86th last week after 1.5 year never get wet.
Simple setup EOS 7D in S&S Housing, 2x YS-110A, EF 100mm L macro.

Posted Image
BSSR-20122163Bali 2012- by Thedi David, on Flickr

Posted Image
BSSR-20122083Bali 2012- by Thedi David, on Flickr

Posted Image
BSSR-20122300Bali 2012- by Thedi David, on Flickr

Critiques and comments for improvement are welcome.
Sea & Sea MDX-7D with 2 x YS-110A

#2 danielstassen

danielstassen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Dive, dive, and dive again.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

I like the first photo.

Seraya secret will always remain on of my favorite dive sites. Always some cool critters to photograph, especially squat lobsters and crinoid shrimps... The dive guides are also excellent as they often dive with skilled underwater photographers.

Edited by danielstassen, 31 October 2012 - 08:12 PM.

Daniel Stassen

Marine Biologist, Pearl Farmer, and photographer at heart...

My Blog: www.dstassen.com

My equipment: Canon 7D, Nauticam ND7, Nauticam 180 degree viewfinder, lenses (canon) 100 mm, 60 mm, 10-22 mm. Twin Inon Z240 strobes, 3 x Sea&Sea YS110 alpha.

#3 thedidavid

thedidavid

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

I like the first photo.

Seraya secret will always remain on of my favorite dive sites. Always some cool critters to photograph, especially squat lobsters and crinoid shrimps... The dive guides are also excellent as they often dive with skilled underwater photographers.

Seraya is my favorite dive site, found this nice colored squat lobster in the sea feather.

Posted Image
BSSR-20122303 Custom Name by Thedi David, on Flickr

Edited by thedidavid, 01 November 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#4 Pfuller

Pfuller

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

During my visit earlier this month, i was told that seraya secrets has really deteriorated over the last year with many critters leaving the area. Is there an truth to this?

#5 thedidavid

thedidavid

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

During my visit earlier this month, i was told that seraya secrets has really deteriorated over the last year with many critters leaving the area. Is there an truth to this?

Maybe since in this trip I didn't see any single fire urchin there, but the critters are still plentiful in every dive never dull moment for macro photography.

#6 pdemaagt

pdemaagt

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Seraya is my favorite dive site, found this nice colored squat lobster in the sea feather.

Posted Image
BSSR-20122303 Custom Name by Thedi David, on Flickr

Love this image

#7 DiverPam

DiverPam

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

The first shot is my favorite in the group. The lighting on it is what makes it from my perspective.

As for feedback - the last one - the color seems washed out. Looking forward to seeing more of your shots from the trip.

Happy diving - DiverPam

Edited by DiverPam, 08 November 2012 - 06:58 PM.

Nikon D90 in Aquatica Housing, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm macro, 105mm macro, Sigma 17-70mm, + Ikelite DS 161 and DS-125 strobe combo  www.flickr.com/photos/pammurph/

The Fin Foundation

#8 danielstassen

danielstassen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Dive, dive, and dive again.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

I think that may be due to the heavy presence of underwater photographers, it has been such a popular site... They use to have a Rhinopias many year ago, and some yellow sea horses, but being heavily photographed, they might have moved to a more quiter place. With that said, everytime I dive there, I always find something new. I really enjoy spending a dive a the cleaning stations at various depth, watching and photographing the different cleaning behaviors, I cannot seem to get bored of that. There are also many "new" muck dive sites close by, offering a range of critter sightings.

I would still highly recommend Seraya Secrets to anyone.

Cheers,

Daniel

I think that may be due to the heavy presence of underwater photographers, it has been such a popular site... They use to have a Rhinopias many year ago, and some yellow sea horses, but being heavily photographed, they might have moved to a more quiter place. With that said, everytime I dive there, I always find something new. I really enjoy spending a dive at the cleaning stations at various depth, watching and photographing the different cleaning behaviors, I cannot seem to get bored of that. There are also many "new" muck dive sites close by, offering a range of critter sightings.

I would still highly recommend Seraya Secrets to anyone.

Cheers,

Daniel

Daniel Stassen

Marine Biologist, Pearl Farmer, and photographer at heart...

My Blog: www.dstassen.com

My equipment: Canon 7D, Nauticam ND7, Nauticam 180 degree viewfinder, lenses (canon) 100 mm, 60 mm, 10-22 mm. Twin Inon Z240 strobes, 3 x Sea&Sea YS110 alpha.

#9 thedidavid

thedidavid

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Rhinopias still there, in the white leafy seaweed. But sometimes it moves around, I got feeling that some dive guide keep it location secret.
Yellow seahorse still there also, but not as many as before.

Edited by thedidavid, 10 November 2012 - 07:10 AM.