First shots with new system

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ROVrich

ROVrich

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:ROV Pilot, Freelance Dive Instructor, Fledgling underwater photographer

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

I have recently upgraded from a canon ixus950is, to an Olympus PEN e-pl3 with PT-EP05L housing, and Sea&Sea YS-D1. It has taken quite a few dives to get used to the system as I now have a lot more control over things, and hence a lot more I can mess up. This is one of the first shots I have taken that I feel reasonably happy with. I greatly apprieciate peoples feedback and any ideas for improvement would be well met. The Fan shell was taken in almost complete darkness in the cave in the back of the Blue Hole on Gozo, using the focus light on the YS-D1 to frame the shot. The only processing was to convert from RAW and to reduce the image size to post here.

Attached Images

• Fan Shell-240571.jpg

#2 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

I think it's a little underexposed. Here's a version adjusted in Photoshop with just a quick 'Autotone' adjustment, increasing Brightness and Contrast
Posted Image
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.