Tokina AT-X 16-28 F2.8 PRO FX Lens

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DamonA

DamonA

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Scuba, Skin Diving, "Animal Lover" and Woodworking, Licensed Professional Joiner & Carpenter.
    Don't like contact sport at all or elite level professional sport.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

I am interested in any feedback on this lens UW-
I have spare coin for a lens (port choice also for the aquatica housing would be a bonus). I run a d7000nik

I am not a FE lover, I want something to take action shots of pelagic's feeding(Spanish mackerel and hammerhead sharks as a target); so it has to be fast and wide but not super wide,as i want to see some sharp detail in the shot.

Your opinions are valuable to me, please don't hesitate to suggest an alternative..........

cheers,
Damon

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10631 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Never tried it on a DX but on a FF, the corners aren't the sharpest until f8+. So it may work well for DX. AF is a bit loud but works. My biggest issue was QC, since we wanted 4 lenses and none of them performed the same (different distortion and sharpness). So we sent them back.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.