• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

<p>Thanks for the website... Certainly we'll priced ! I guess they are in US dollars ? Maybe it's worthwhile to make a trip there!!<br />
<br />
Understood on the ISO portion. Certainly I am looking to get a strobe soon. I have a set of focus light right now. I guess I can grow with it.<br />
<br />
I seen the review on the recsea and nauticam housing. And certainly they are of better quality. I typically own a camera just for uw photos. Hey. The last one I bought was a f200exr like 5 years ago... So it's time to upgrade and make it last longer<br />
&nbsp;</p>
<p>edit... end up.. i think i know the owner... :)</p>

Edited by hellhole, 06 November 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#42 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

You know the owner of Divervision? Man you probably can get a good deal. They're selling the Sea&Sea YS-D1 like $150 cheaper then in the US, grab at least one while you're visiting them!

Make sure you let them know if you're visiting to make sure they have them in stock so you can feel the housing etc. I plan to visit them the next time I go back to Asia. My brother just moved from Singapore to Taiwan, so I have reason to stop in Taiwan now!

#43 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Well... Business is business. I know the people at fun in at singapore. Nice stuff fun in has too...

End of the year. Time for a holiday... Alway want to try diving in Taiwan green island. Probably will be cold as hell...

#44 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Do report back your experience of diving in Green Island. I saw youtube of video diving in Green Island, so far not that impress compare to Sipadan and Indonesia, may be the youtube video doesn't do Green Island justice.

#45 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Last post of off topic. What I heard so far about green island is same as what u mention. I just thought if I am going there to pick up a casing. Why not just go take a dive!

#46 Martyn6

Martyn6

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Can you guys please help me as i am new to uw photography:) i have rx100 w ikelite housing, i ´m still learning with it, but i would still like to improve my pictures - what would you reccomand me as next upgrade? Are the wide angle lenses really worth the prize - i ´v been looking for ikelite w30 which is actually pretty $$$:( or should i better go for flashlight? Red filter?
And do you have any basic setting for uw pictures with rx100, i ´m using mode "P", iso 100, F 1.6, auto wb right now..
And one more:) how can i manually adjust white balance with white plate?:) not so necessary for still, but may be usefull for movies i guess?:)

#47 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

What I have read so far... The Marco mode by itself is only fair. U need a diopter to have better Marco.

#48 JDelage

JDelage

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

I assume most people have seen the Acquapazza housing review here:

What do you think of the feature wherebuy the lens port can be removed & replaced with a 28LD mount base (at the 50 sec point above)?

Edited by JDelage, 08 January 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#49 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

It depends on what u have existing... If your lens are already in that format.. Then it makes sense..

#50 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

The interchangeable 28LD port is a nice touch, but I think there is a risk. If you're a M67 lens user, there is a risk that when you unscrew your wet lens underwater, you would unscrew that lens port at the same time! I don't see any latch or lock to prevent that from happen. I can imagine just a quarter or half turn counter clockwise, the port would be loose and it would flood the housing. Perhaps one could always duct tape that seam from accident unscrew of the port.

#51 JDelage

JDelage

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Thanks.

#52 TomekP

TomekP

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

The interchangeable 28LD port is a nice touch, but I think there is a risk. If you're a M67 lens user, there is a risk that when you unscrew your wet lens underwater, you would unscrew that lens port at the same time! I don't see any latch or lock to prevent that from happen. I can imagine just a quarter or half turn counter clockwise, the port would be loose and it would flood the housing. Perhaps one could always duct tape that seam from accident unscrew of the port.

Fortunately You need to turn it a bit more than 1/4 turn to flood the camera. During my first dive I turn it almost 1 turn when I realized that there is something wrong. Then I try silver tape - doesn't work to keep it. With this port as the user of aqupazza I already decided that I have to forgot about exchange lenses underwater. Especially If I have Inon UWLH100 plus Dome unit, which is quite heavy and it is a bit difficult to unscrew the lens with one hand and try to keep port with second one. I did this few times, just to flood the space between lens and housing, but now I am doing that on land, before diving, and feel much more comfortable, without stress :) 

#53 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

Fortunately You need to turn it a bit more than 1/4 turn to flood the camera. During my first dive I turn it almost 1 turn when I realized that there is something wrong. Then I try silver tape - doesn't work to keep it. With this port as the user of aqupazza I already decided that I have to forgot about exchange lenses underwater. Especially If I have Inon UWLH100 plus Dome unit, which is quite heavy and it is a bit difficult to unscrew the lens with one hand and try to keep port with second one. I did this few times, just to flood the space between lens and housing, but now I am doing that on land, before diving, and feel much more comfortable, without stress :)

i myself also hate screwing the lens in and out... i think i have the best solution... i find from this company..

F.I.T. 67mm Magnetic Lens Adapter

http://www.fun-in.co...product_id=1714

simple and easy... for my recsea i do need a adapter to get the 67mm female portion... but goes on...and stay on... this magnetic adapter.. just pop in and out... wide angle to marco is seconds..

#54 JDelage

JDelage

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

That's cool. If they use strong enough magnets, it could make it easier to store the spare lens on a steel platform, maybe...?

#55 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

Just get another male or female portion and stick it on the lens caddy ... Done !!

#56 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:18 AM

For the price of the aqupazza, you're better off get the Nauticam as it has leak detector.

I'm not sold on the idea of the magnet, at least it's not mainstream and proven. There is no mention of how many lb pull is the magnet, so if one do a back flip entrance into the water, would the magnet hold up?

Lens holder on arm would be an issue and become expensive. The 67mm lens holder is already expensive, if you add the male portion of the magnet on the arm lens holder, the cost add up and how can you assure that it won't come off and lose your lens if it get knock off or the crew that handle your camera are not being careful?

Lastly, it will be a pain to stack macro lens. I personally have a +5 and +7 diopter, and I'm sure many divers have more than 1 diopter for macro photography. If you attach a magnet holder on each diopter, it drive cost up and when you try to stack them, you will in crease the space in between them and make them more challenge to use. Just something to consider.

#57 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

A wide angle lens with M67 thread for the Sony weights around 330 grams or 21 Ounces in water

I would not trust a magnet for something that is expensive

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#58 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

For the price of the aqupazza, you're better off get the Nauticam as it has leak detector.

I'm not sold on the idea of the magnet, at least it's not mainstream and proven. There is no mention of how many lb pull is the magnet, so if one do a back flip entrance into the water, would the magnet hold up?

Lens holder on arm would be an issue and become expensive. The 67mm lens holder is already expensive, if you add the male portion of the magnet on the arm lens holder, the cost add up and how can you assure that it won't come off and lose your lens if it get knock off or the crew that handle your camera are not being careful?

Lastly, it will be a pain to stack macro lens. I personally have a +5 and +7 diopter, and I'm sure many divers have more than 1 diopter for macro photography. If you attach a magnet holder on each diopter, it drive cost up and when you try to stack them, you will in crease the space in between them and make them more challenge to use. Just something to consider.

nauticam for RX100MKII has a leak detector??  

backflip entry with a camera in hand.. no...never...

u have to tell the crew what is you set up when u have expensive diving equipment.. and how you want it to be handled.  but i tot you backroll with you camera anyway!  why do you care how its handled :) kee kee.

well.. logic plays a part.. if u going to stack.. then u really have to be careful right... in the beginning.  i am going to stack by screwing on the new lens on top of the other.... 

the magnet give you an option of an quick switch from maybe a +10 to an +5+

A wide angle lens with M67 thread for the Sony weights around 330 grams or 21 Ounces in water

I would not trust a magnet for something that is expensive

Maybe for the wide angle lens ... It can be a bit heavy...

Edited by hellhole, 13 January 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#59 TomekP

TomekP

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

i myself also hate screwing the lens in and out... i think i have the best solution... i find from this company..

F.I.T. 67mm Magnetic Lens Adapter

http://www.fun-in.co...product_id=1714

simple and easy... for my recsea i do need a adapter to get the 67mm female portion... but goes on...and stay on... this magnetic adapter.. just pop in and out... wide angle to marco is seconds..

Great feature !!! Do You know if anybody already try this with Inon UWL-H100 with Dome Unit, which is quite heavy, also underwater ???

I do not trust myself, so even my M67 WAL lens has short rope and boltsnap attached to arms. Only with that I can change or unscrew lenses when I have more that 50m deep below :) That magnets for sure cannot hold the heavy lens on the housing during entrance to the water :(

Edited by TomekP, 14 January 2014 - 12:41 AM.

#60 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

I did called them up and ask if it's advisable to put the h100 on there.. They tell me come on down to their shop and take a look myself.. So I guess I will go and take a look

Edited by hellhole, 14 January 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rx100, housing