• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

nauticam for RX100MKII has a leak detector??  

backflip entry with a camera in hand.. no...never...

u have to tell the crew what is you set up when u have expensive diving equipment.. and how you want it to be handled.  but i tot you backroll with you camera anyway!  why do you care how its handled :) kee kee.

well.. logic plays a part.. if u going to stack.. then u really have to be careful right... in the beginning.  i am going to stack by screwing on the new lens on top of the other.... 

the magnet give you an option of an quick switch from maybe a +10 to an +5+

Maybe for the wide angle lens ... It can be a bit heavy...

I mean the moisture sensor, not the fancy vacuum sensor.

I don't know where you normally dive, but different area you get different service. In Indonesia, yes most dive crew hand your camera to you. In Thailand liveaboard, I back flip into water because we mostly use dinghy and if the current is not strong, yes the one person screw hand me my camera. In one of the dive in Thaisland, the current was so strong, we jump off the live aboard with our camera and decent very quickly. 5 seconds into the water I was already 20 feet away from the boat.

If you dive in US, you're on your own, they don't have nice camera shelf like many boats in Indonesia, they only have one bucket for all camera gear. So good luck dipping your rig in the bucket share with many people and things get scratch or knock off. I learn a couple months ago that some people have their own flexible cooler bag to put their camera in, so no rinsing until they get back to land to avoid mishandle by crew or other divers.

Bottom line, expect the worse situation that it's being handle, whether it's by the crew, your dive buddy etc.

#62 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

I mean the moisture sensor, not the fancy vacuum sensor.

I don't know where you normally dive, but different area you get different service. In Indonesia, yes most dive crew hand your camera to you. In Thailand liveaboard, I back flip into water because we mostly use dinghy and if the current is not strong, yes the one person screw hand me my camera. In one of the dive in Thaisland, the current was so strong, we jump off the live aboard with our camera and decent very quickly. 5 seconds into the water I was already 20 feet away from the boat.

If you dive in US, you're on your own, they don't have nice camera shelf like many boats in Indonesia, they only have one bucket for all camera gear. So good luck dipping your rig in the bucket share with many people and things get scratch or knock off. I learn a couple months ago that some people have their own flexible cooler bag to put their camera in, so no rinsing until they get back to land to avoid mishandle by crew or other divers.

Bottom line, expect the worse situation that it's being handle, whether it's by the crew, your dive buddy etc.

then really this magnet thing might not be for u... :)

if i were u.. and i still need to backroll, jump and stuff constantly into the water... i really would carry all these lens in another 'bag' or pouch.  then jump in without any lens..

#63 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

I did called them up and ask if it's advisable to put the h100 on there..They tell me come on down to their shop and take a look myself.. So I guess I will go and take a look

Went to take a look... It's really too heavy for a h100 even without a dome. They themselves also do not advise from doing it with a h100

#64 ally142001

ally142001

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

Has anyone actually used one of the meikon (NB) branded cases?

Im thinking about buying one as all the other housings seem way over priced for housings that are not perfect and rated for depths most will never see.

I know some people don't like the polycarbonate housings but I have had an old cybershot poly casing for 7+years, treated it bad and its still going strong.

#65 hellhole

hellhole

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

I d not own one. But had a chance to play with it. Its good.... cheap ad nice

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rx100, housing