1 reply to this topic

#1 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:04 PM

I have two hoods for my new Aquatica A100 housing: one for wide angle lenses, and one for fisheye. As the former is humoungous, I was wondering if anyone has shot with a 20mm lens and the hood for the fisheye, ( with the A90/A100/F5) and had acceptable results. Will I get flare? I just thought it would be better for travelling to take only one shade along.

Cheers,
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:09 PM

The fisheye dome shade does less "shading" than the Wideangle shade. So your thinking is correct - if you must take only one, take the fisheye shade.

Yes, the potential for flare is higher when using a 20mm lens w/ the fisheye shade. Since the shade only blocks a little light from above and almost none from the sides.

Give it a try but just be careful when shooting w/ the sun in the hemisphere of water in front of the dome.

Good luck!

On my digital camera, I shoot everything w/ the wideangle shade - but that's because of the digital crop.

James Wiseman
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org