• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 donga

donga

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

When I slow my film down in my video program its kinda jittery and doesnt look like the nice smooth stuff u get on tv. Is that my camera or is it my video program? (I have tried Coral program which is supposed to be good and am back with WMM cos its easier).

I saw images of g-pro on tv and they are super smooth in slo mo. again - is that the camera or the program they use?
Canon HD HF 10 Camcorder
Custom Point & Shoot Aluminium Deep Sea Housing/Bubble Lense/No controls
Single Tray/Dual arms long & short bendable/Led Torch.

#2 Autopsea

Autopsea

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

how many fps did you used during the shooting? the final movie should not be under 30 fps. so if you want to slow it down by half, you must be shooting at 60fps in the first place.

#3 SPP

SPP

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Do 60 fps for HD2 using 720p. Make sure enough ambient light. Do 60p for HD3 Black 1080p or 120 fps for its 720p.
Use Cineform Studio ( its free ) , transcode to Cineform AVI or MOV, ur choice depending on what editor u are using.
For the conversion MP4>>>AVI or MOV, use the setting and choose FRAME RATE 10, which is 6 times slower per second if from 60p source because 10 frames per second is what you get. Its decently smooth for a free program, even playing with 120fps of the HD2 480p, its not bad slowed down to 10 FPS, or 10 time slower.

From that Cineform MOV or AVI, you can use CineForm studio to convert to MP4 again as finished product. While at it you can play with color too ( limited ) or you can use any NLE capable of working with Cineform MOV or AVI. Cineform Studio is free and buggy sometimes.

This may help on the Cineform MOV or AVI compatibility
http://macnews.overblog.com/search/cineform%20MOV/

Good luck trying.

Edited by SPP, 14 November 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#4 donga

donga

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

"how many fps did you used during the shooting? the final movie should not be under 30 fps. so if you want to slow it down by half, you must be shooting at 60fps in the first place"

Ok, now u r talking in another language - i suppose this will be in the camera's settings?
Canon HD HF 10 Camcorder
Custom Point & Shoot Aluminium Deep Sea Housing/Bubble Lense/No controls
Single Tray/Dual arms long & short bendable/Led Torch.

#5 Autopsea

Autopsea

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

yes it is in the camera's settings.

fps mean frames per seconds, it's how many images the camera shoot every second to create the movie.

If you have less fps than what your brain can "see" (around 30) in your final slowed down movie, then it might not look as smooth as you want it : )

Edited by Autopsea, 15 November 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#6 SPP

SPP

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

The final movie frame rate is what you want to make during final render in whatever program u want.

Vegas Pro reported as 15 fps from a 480p 120fps slow down to FRAME RATE 10 in Cineform Studio and file is Cineform AVI.
Its not bad the smoothness though. Its free ha ha ha.( me can never insert smiley in this forum - on Google Chrome )

Some people I heard uses Twixtor for slow-mo, me not so NLE smart, so me don't play with Twixtor.

Have fun.........