• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tc_rain

tc_rain

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Anyone ever have any problems with the TSA and their DS 160 batteries in carry-on luggage?

#2 Stoo

Stoo

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

I have been schlepping a couple of them around for two years without a problem. And certainly the case has been gone through numerous times...

#3 Angychesler

Angychesler

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I travel a lot with Camera Equipment and batteries. I never had any issues. I always make sure the battery packs are empty. Once we had a battery pack blow up on a flight in cargo.

#4 bryoncarwithen

bryoncarwithen

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

The last time I flew with my equipment they did a ETD test 

#5 DiverPam

DiverPam

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

I carry my DS 161 and 125 on all the time through TSA.   The batteries show up black when they go through the x-ray machine, so most of the time my stuff gets pulled and checked.  But I have never had a problem with them after I tell them what it is and they actually see it.  I usually allow a few extra minutes a screening when I leave because I know this is going to happen. 

You should not have any problems with it.  - Pam 

Nikon D90 in Aquatica Housing, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm macro, 105mm macro, Sigma 17-70mm, + Ikelite DS 161 and DS-125 strobe combo  www.flickr.com/photos/pammurph/

The Fin Foundation

#6 maxman2402

maxman2402

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Diving traveling and flying

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Just detach the battery, I usually get through the checks without being pulled out, though I normally come early tothe checkin just to be sure