• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 kkfok

kkfok

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

If it is S-TTL of INON then you can increase/decrease the output of the strobe by your selected ev based on the TTL value, not sure about DS-TTL.

#22 oskar

oskar

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

I'm to close to a store, but somehow I'll find one and bring my YS110 with a fibre to try. My theory is:

Conserving camera power with external manual flash probably won't work. I think the camera will up the power of the strobe even if flash exp comp is dialled down -2EV. This because the camera get no feedback whatsoever on the pre-flash and thus pump up the power anyway.

Cheers
/O

#23 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Today I rigged my RX100 on the arms and strobe I use for the Canon S95 with a Sea and Sea YS-01
Shooting in a completely dark room with wide angle the RX100 takes a minimum of 5 seconds to be ready for the next shot on a full dump
The Canon S95 takes around 3 seconds for the same job
The flash exposure compensation ends up with pictures underexposed so it is a no go

I guess you need more powerful strobes with this set up or even better two of those. With a guide number 20 and a single strobe this set up struggles

#24 oskar

oskar

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Crap,
I wish there was a way to re-engineer a sync signal from the RX100...

/O

#25 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

I have the impression that there is something going on in the way the YS-01 and the camera TTL system interact
The Canon S95 as a measured 6 seconds recycle time but with the strobe in DS-TTL takes considerably less
The RX100 does not seem to enjoy the same behavior it would be very interesting to hear from owners of other strobes like Inon or maybe even a YS-DS1 that has a so called DS-TTL II?
I looked at the simple pictures I took on land and they don't even look very well exposed to be honest so the combination YS-01 and RX100 seems a no go

Edited by Interceptor121, 10 December 2012 - 12:47 AM.