1 reply to this topic

#1 SParkinson

SParkinson

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

hi all,

just got hold of the above and have a problem with the gears mating with the zoom control on the housing. I am currently waiting for an answer from the retailer i purchased this from but thought id ask here in the meantime?

the gear i was supposedly sent were GEA-6.511 and SIL-6.500 which are the correct parts i needed.... there was no part numbers however on the packaging so am wondering if what i was sent is not correct.

with the gear on the lens, mounted centrally on the zoom ring, then the gear does not engage with the gear in the housing..... if i move the gear on the lens further back (so that it cannot go any further as the manual/auto focus switch is in the way) then it JUST engages the gear.... and i mean JUST.... 1-2mm if that.

the gear i was send fits the diameter of the lens and it 16mm in depth... can someone who possibly has the same setup have a measure and see if theirs is the same?

..... or failing that, ideas appreciated :)

cheers
steve

Attached Images

• gear-miss.jpg
  • gear-touch.jpg

Regards
Steve

#2 SParkinson

SParkinson

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

if no-one has an idea perhaps someone with a GEA-6.511 gear could measure it and let me know how wide their's is please?

thanks.....
Regards
Steve