• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ChasO2

ChasO2

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

I had a single drop of water which came through one of the switches on my FIX LED48DX now problems with circuit board with light not turning off and not all the LEDs lighting uniformly. Can't find out to dismantle it, i.e. get the circuit board out, switches off. Or is their anyone in the UK who repairs these lights?

If I can get it repaired any way to routinely re-greese the switch O rings?

#2 Harrygray

Harrygray

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

I had a single drop of water which came through one of the switches on my FIX LED48DX now problems with circuit board with light not turning off and not all the LEDs lighting uniformly. Can't find out to dismantle it, i.e. get the circuit board out, switches off. Or is their anyone in the UK who repairs these lights?

Your lights are shortcircuited so need to change them now

#3 colinm

colinm

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hi Chas

I had a similar issue with my Fix500LED earlier in the year. I contacted FIX in Japan, and my light was fixed without any issues
The service was great.
Might be worth contacting them.

I've figured out how to get the rotary switch apart on mine, but it is not easy to figure out how to do it. Once you know, it's easy, but you could easily damage it trying to figure it out. You basically have to make a thin 90 degree tool that you can slide under the edge of the rotary switch in order to push the face off. Once you do this, you can start to unscrew and dismantle the switch.

Have fun!

#4 ChasO2

ChasO2

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for responding, sorry have been busy for a few weeks. Do you have any contact details for FIX in Japan. Sounds like this might be the way to go.

I'll have a go at making a tool to pop off the cover cap on the switches to see if I can expose the screws to undo them. Not sure about removing the circuit board to check that.

#5 meister

meister

Manta Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Do you have any contact details for FIX in Japan.

Do a quick Google search for their website and subsequent contact information. I contacted them recently, near immediate reply with great customer service.
Canon 5D, 5D MK III, Canon 15, 17-40 & 100mm
Aquatica, Ikelight
donhughes.us

#6 Timmoranuk

Timmoranuk

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1168 posts
  • Interests:Technical diving; open circuit and rebreather, U/W photography, topside photography, travel, aviation and sailing.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Kaz Okada, overseas sales manager - okada@fisheye-jp.com
· Canon 5D3, 7D & Nauticam housings. Sigma 15mm, Canon 16-35mm, Tokina 10-17mm, Sigma 8-16mm, Canon 10-22mm, Sigma 17-70mm, Sigma 70-200mm, Sigma 120-300mm, Canon 60mm & 100mm
· INON Z-240s & Sea & Sea YS-250 Pros
· SmallHD DP4 monitor & NA-DP4. Fisheye Aquavolt 3500s & 7000s
· Zen DP-100, DP-200 & DP-230

#7 ChasO2

ChasO2

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the info on contacting FIX in Japan.