• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bear35

bear35

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Socorro or Cocos....I have never been to either and am not sure what to go for.
Time of year is not important to me, but I would like to think that I would be going at a time that would be best to see things rather than what conditions are going to be like.
I have looked at Seahunter web sites and nautilus explorer etc. still not sure. Anyone been to both and have a view?
Any sort of input or advice would be fantastic.
Thanks.

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10637 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Without a doubt, Cocos... especially before it's destroyed by illegal fishing. 3rd last bastion of wild oceans as it shoulda been.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 cozumeldogs

cozumeldogs

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

no easy answer. best boat is cocos. sea hunter. cocos given hammerheads white tips. great location. maybe mantas silky whale sharks plus who knows. socorro area. mantas. friendly dolphin encounter given. also. whale sharks in the early part season,hammerheads not likely large schools but small groups, humpback whales in the winter though mainly seen on surface and heard uw.

bottom line both great. nowdays socorro is better bargain. cocos much more money. i love the sea hunter but i think more bang for your bucks in socorro. big difference in what you see depending on when you go for socorro