• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

I do like Resolve, but it is super hungry on my machine it really struggles. By far the most control, the trackers that it has are amazing but be prepared to loose a lot of time messing around and learning. I was over at a post studio last week and watching a pro colour guy working on the footage with the Resolve control deck was pretty amazing, there is so much to learn hence why people get paid good money to just be a grader.

Colorista is pretty straightforward and with MB Looks you can create some cool stuff albeit a little cheesy. You can download them as a trial to play with.

Never used speedgrade or the others

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#22 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Great little showreel from a guy who is pretty good on Resolve...not underwater but you get the idea

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#23 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Jon, you can just buy a 2nd GPU that's got Nvidia CUDA and 1GB and that will accelerate Resolve.  It's awesome like that!

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#24 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

The Resolve is a virus, stuffed my computer up on install and its pretty hard to uninstall it too.
Might have something to do with all that virus Apple quicktime and support rubbish it installs.
Its nasty....

To uninstall anything get either App Zapper or App Delete.  Both are very inexpensive and find all those hidden  caches and folders associated with the app you are trying to delete.  I have been using both for years without a hitch.

Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.