• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gombessa

Gombessa

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

I'm looking for suggestions for any Mac software/workflow to incorporate some easy channel mixing/filters to color-correct available light video. I'm not making art, my videos are essentially just "movie dive logs" for myself and buddies, and I want to make them more bearable to watch. I typically have been doing everything in iMovie, but it lacks the color correction functions to help account for blue/green water, so I've started importing clips into Photoshop to use Channel Mixers and Photo Filter adjustment layers. So far it's been pretty cumbersome. Is there a "quick'n'easy" way to do this, preferably without needing to drop too many hundreds of dollars on expensive software packages just to use this one function?

Just to level-set, this is the typical output (please lower your expectations accordingly):

[youtubehd]1ENOlGZJ7Dc[/youtubehd]

Sorry for the huge embed, the regular youtube/media bbcode doesn't seem to be working for me.

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Try reading this thread.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.