• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grayscale

Grayscale

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Does anyone know I can find the "cheapest" GoPro Hero 3 Black online in the US? I might be available to bring one back home för half the price of my closest retail store (which I do not want to support) if I dig a little deeper than now...

Any help would be appreciated!

/K

#2 FanchGadjo

FanchGadjo

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

I just came back from Phoenix AZ, and I was not able to find any in the stores.
So make sure you have it sent somewhere before flying. Last year, I had the
Hero2 sent to my hotel, it worked out pretty well.

From what I know, you won't find anything cheaper than the official
GoPro website. Unless you find a way to dodge taxes. Let's the locals
talk !

#3 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

B&H Photo is considered one of the best online retailers for general photography equip, no sales tax pre-charged on orders to most states, and they generally speaking have very competetive prices and get in new items as soon as they're reasonably available.

They're showing the Hero 3 black as status 'not yet available' (just checked before typing this). Not sure how quick you're visiting, but if you have a local friend who can order for you, you can find their price on their website (not sure I should provide it in this post so as not to seem to be advertising - I am NOT affiliated with them but am a frequent customer, my newest camera body, several lenses both used and new, Ikelite housing, etc...)

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...