Photo
- - - - -

Need advice with new ND800 housing...Thank you..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vetren

vetren

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Dear Subal Friends,

This is from the ikelite website:

"Some housings that have two Nikonos style bulkheads are not always wired correctly to utilize dual strobes with one strobe attached to each bulkhead. Dual strobes (one connected to each bulkhead) may not operate correctly if both bulkheads connect all five conductors to the camera. Five conductors from each bulkhead would allow either strobe to operate TTL, but not both simultaneously. One should have five conductors and the other connect only three conductors for dual strobe operation.

We have seen Aquatica, Seacam, Nexus and Subal housings with two Nikonos style bulkheads wired with all five conductors connected to the camera, requiring a dual cord attached to just one bulkhead. The manufacturer should be able to tell you if their wiring is compatible with accepted protocol."

I am in this situation. Rather then buying a T or Y cable, as I prefer to use single wires, how do I remedy this problem and get both my strobes to flash together?

Thank you,

Ren

#2 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

You're only going to get manual and you only need to wire 3 pins. Ikelite has that pinout, I'm pretty sure. If you want TTL, then you'll need to use one bulkhead, a TTL adapter and then split it with a dual cord.

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com Sea & Sea, Olympus, Ikelite, Athena, Zen, Fix, Nauticam, Aquatica, Seacam, Gates, 10Bar, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line - Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories
Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog
Flickr Gallerys: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#3 vetren

vetren

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Thanks Jack. I will try to get a dual cord tomorrow. Appreciate your time. Cheers.

#4 unterwasserkamera.at

unterwasserkamera.at

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

hi
Two sync cord will be better. more lenght of the cable and better for use with only one strobe.
Manfred

#5 vetren

vetren

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hi Guys,
Thanks. I still can't get both strobes to fire together using single cables going to each strobe. The dual cable is out of stock and yes, I prefer to use the singles.....
If I undo one bulkhead connection, the remaining connecting strobe fires. But as long as both cables are connected the their respective bulkheads, NOTHING!
How do I solve this? Cheers...

I do not want TTL, so using the 4104.31 cables...reserved for manual mode...