No replies to this topic

#1 StephenFrink

StephenFrink

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

I've only occasionally been inclined to buy per trip insurance (for cancellation/interruption), but DAN just came out with a new annual trip insurance policy that I find very useful, and frequent travelers out there with DAN America may want to know about it too.

Prices and full details are at http://dan.org/annual but the quick overview, and the bullet points that resonated with me were:
* Modest expense
* Nice coverage against trip interruption and cancellation
* Good medical insurance coverage if more than 50 miles from home (will easily pay for the deductible on even lousy health insurance like I have)
* $25,000 collision waiver insurance any time I rent a car (I always had a bit of angst turning down extra coverage when I rent cars. I assume my amex covers me but never knew how fully. Now I don't worry)

But here is kicker for people like us. There is a great equipment & baggage coverage provision. If your cameras or dive gear are lost or damaged during a trip, they are covered to the extent of the particular policy you buy. I was reading this thread the other day, http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=47748, and I found it a comfort to know I had some nice coverage as part of this annual trip insurance plan I now have.

I bought it just before last trip to Philippines in October, but since then I've been to press, DEMA, Durham, and now today flying to the West Coast. I haven't had to use it, but nice to know it is there.

Disclaimer - I work closely with DAN as publisher of Alert Diver and other projects, but I mention this just because it seems to be a terrific product for so many like me on this forum who travel often and far.

Edited by StephenFrink, 14 December 2012 - 06:58 AM.

Stephen Frink - www.stephenfrinkphoto.com
Publisher - Alert Diver Magazine
Distributor/North America - Seacamusa.com
Travel - Waterhousetours.com