Photo
- - - - -

LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES IN THE BENEATH THE SEA 2013 INTERNATIONAL IMAGING COMPETITION

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rschrager

rschrager

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES IN THE BENEATH THE SEA 2013 INTERNATIONAL IMAGING COMPETITION

December 31st, 2012, is the last day for submitting entries to the 2013 Beneath the Sea International Imaging Competition.

Underwater photographers, digital and film, will compete for the coveted David Doubilet award for excellence in underwater photography.

Underwater Videographers will compete for the distinguished Stan Waterman award for excellence in underwater video. .

Underwater Photographic Artists will compete for the celebrated Jim Church award for excellence in underwater creative photography.

Wherever you live in this wide world, submit your underwater photographic entry to the Beneath the Sea 2013 International Imaging Competition. For contest rules and entry blank visit Beneath the Sea at their Internet site: http://www.beneaththesea.org. There you may see the images of previous winners, get a set of rules and regulations, and download an application form for this year’s competition – HURRY!!!

The winners of the Beneath the Sea 2013 International Imaging Competition are announced at the Film Festival the weekend of Beneath the Sea’s Oceans, Dive and Travel Exposition, March 22nd , 23rd, and 24th, 2013, at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, New Jersey.

#2 Alex_Tattersall

Alex_Tattersall

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

$15 a photo, is it just me or does entering all these competitions require a re-mortgage?
www.flickr.com/photos/alextattersall

www.nauticamuk.com
www.uwvisions.com
Exclusive official importer of Nauticam products into the UK and Ireland

#3 errbrr

errbrr

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Agreed. I liked the Ocean Views one, $25 for all you can enter (well, almost all). It meant I put in some shots I wouldn't otherwise consider entering so I'll be interested to see if there's some more creative winners in the final round up.

#4 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1456 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

So do you guys think that $10 per photo and $40 for unlimited photos ($25 is too cheap I think) would get you to enter more photos into a competition?
thanks
BVA

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#5 errbrr

errbrr

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

$40 would still be under my price point for competition entry (keeping in mind I'm inevitably paying bank fees to translate in US dollars or euros or something not AUD). I don't want/need unlimited photos, but having a bulk fee for 10-20 shots would be attractive to me.

#6 MortenHansen

MortenHansen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Does anyone have a link for which prices are to be won?
Have been looking around for them on the website, can't seem to find them.

-Morten