• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 njcfm

njcfm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

We traveled to Bali and stayed in Candidasa, spent 3 days diving with AquaMarine and 5 days in Bali total.

Overall a great trip, AquaMarine was 110% professional and picked us up each day. We stayed at the Water Garden hotel which was very very nice, very quiet and right in the middle of town.

Candidasa is a small town with a bunch of places to stay and eat, was a terrific place to stay and clear of the typical tourist spots.

Let me start off by saying that United/Thai Airlines left my luggage in London on our trip, I did not get it until our 3rd day of diving. I informed AquaMarine of this and they stated they had a camera that I could rent, it was a s95 in the canon housing and sufficed for the 1 day I used it.

AquaMarine provided the following:
-Transportation to and from each site each day
-Well organized gear that we used each day (our gear was in my luggage)
-Lunch, surprisingly good each day
-Small boats with a dive master per 2 people. Our divemaster Gede was terrific, very friendly, understood our experience level and let us enjoy our dives.

The first day we dove Tulamben, the U.S.S Liberty, very nice wreck. Lots of fish life, nudis, etc.. We did 2 dives, both were shore dives as AquaMarine operates out of one of the hotels.

the second day we went to Nusa Penida, did Manta Point, crystal bay, and nuda penida.
-Manta point was terrific, didn't see any Mantas until 30 min into the dive but we were able to follow a pair to a cleaning station and got an awesome show for the rest of the dive
-Crystal bay was gorgeous, lots of fish life, healthy reef, and a bit of current. Thermoclines with huge drops in temp +/- 10 degrees at least!
-Nusa Penida was a drift dive, very strong current but overall a nice way to end the day.

The third day we went to Pandangbai and did a couple of muck dives
-Jepun/Turtle neck: Artificial reef to start off, saw frogfish, seahorses, nudis, etc..
-Blue Lagoon: nice macro life

Overall we were very happy with Bali and plan on going back at some point in time.
Here are some pictures:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by njcfm, 23 December 2012 - 06:34 PM.

On the rock that is Bermuda, if anyone is visiting let me know