#1 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hi everyone,

I like to vote on picture of the week to keep up my CAPA training for photo judging, which is rusty. I have a hard time voting for photos that have large names plastered on them. Ironically, this is usually by well known contributors on the site. I understand the concern for copyright infringement totally. Is there some way to watermark without an obvious connection to the individual's identity? I have never entered this contest, so nothing to do with valid competition, but it actually prevents me from voting for good images when I see a name so obviously branded across an image. Can a rule be put in place to prevent the obvious identity of the competitor? It just seems like a fairer way of doing things.

Cheers,
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#2 DiveMasterDewey

DiveMasterDewey

Clownfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Diving, underwater photography, photo-acoustics, RFID, Electronic Article Surveillance

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

How about something generic? Like "licensed for display only on www.WetPixel.com" ??????

Alan Dewey
Reef Photo & Video
n2theblue at
reefphoto.com

S.D.I. Scuba Instructor

S.D.I. Underwater Photographer Instructor

www.AlanDewey.com

www.AlanDewey.Photography