Photo

Mark Krag to Present at NCUPS Friday, January 11, 2013

NCUPS Monthly Meeting NCUPS Presentation Free Philippines Anilao Club Ocellaris underwater photography

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suz

suz

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Video
    Hiking
    Skiing
    Cooking

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Please join us Friday, January 11, 2013 to see fabulous images from Mark Krag during the NCUPS monthly membership meeting.

Time: 8:00 PM
Where: 450 Chadbourne Avenue, Millbrae, California
For directions: http://www.ncups.org/time-location/

During April 2012 Ben Tetzner, Greg Preston and Mark Krag traveled to Club Ocellaris in Anilao, Philippines. Anilao is on the southern coast of the main island of Luzon.

Friday’s presentaion will showcase images collected over thirteen days (times 4 dives per day!) . The marine life in Anilao is rich and amazing.

About Mark Krag:
My first encounter with marine life was in tide pools in Half Moon Bay and Monterey when I was a kid. I became a certified diver in Monterey in 1967. A couple years later I bought a Nikonos II.

I studied biology at Humboldt State University. In the 1980s and 90s I took occasional dive trips to the Caribbean and Fiji Islands. I have been doing more macro photography in Monterey and take a tropical trip about once a year.

In 2000 I got a Nikon N90s and began doing macro photography. I attended Monte Smith’s UW photography class in 2001. This gave me a much better handle on it. The most valuable lesson of the class was of testing every variable. I finally moved to digital in 2009 with the purchase of a Nikon D700.

Break (9:15PM – 9:30PM)

Minicomp (9:30PM – 9:45PM):
Subject:
Red, Main Subject highlights the color red

Clean-up (9:45PM – 10PM)

No-Host Cocktails immediately following the meeting at:

The Sixteen Mile House
448 Broadway Ave.
Millbrae, CA.
http://www.sixteenmilehouse.net/

#2 suz

suz

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Video
    Hiking
    Skiing
    Cooking

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Some folks are asking if there is a pre-meeting tomorrow night at the Northern California Underwater Photographic Society (NCUPS) monthly meeting ....

The answer is there is no pre-meeting, but please come early to socialize and help set up.

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night.

Happy New Year!
Susan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NCUPS Monthly Meeting, NCUPS, Presentation, Free, Philippines, Anilao, Club Ocellaris, underwater photography