• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chris Kroll

Chris Kroll

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Hi everyone, have been browsing these forums for a long time but today is my first time posting!

This a movie I put together using mine and my girlfriend's GoPro footage over the past 12 months diving in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.

DIVE2012
For the full experience, view in Fullscreen and HD:

Music by The Prodigy, Enigma and Groove Armada

One years worth of our best underwater footage taken in Thailand (Koh Tao, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Haa), Indonesia (Nusa Penida, Seraya Bali) and Malaysia (Sipadan, Mabul) throughout 2012 using only a GoPro HD Hero 2 with Oculus flat lens and red filter.

We took around 6 hours of footage this year and this video features the best 12 minutes.
After approximately 60 hours of editing, trimming and selecting footage over the past 2 months this is the final product.

Featuring Whale Sharks, Bull Sharks, White Tip Reef Sharks, Grey Reef Sharks, Leopard Sharks, Manta Rays, Green Turtles, Hawksbill Turtles, Mola Mola, Barracuda, Octopus, Moray Eels, Bumphead Parrotfish and more.

Edited using Sony Vegas Pro 11.0

NOTE:
-Some of the footage is unfortunately a bit shaky due to the small size of the GoPro camera (around the size of 2 match boxes). Being so small it can be difficult to keep steady!
-The fish-eye lens on the GoPro is incapable of shooting "macro", it will instead auto focus on objects behind the subject. For this reason almost all the footage is wide angle shots of bigger subjects.

All feedback welcome, negative or positive Posted Image