Best wishes for 2013! January, 2013 PNW Diver Available for Viewing/Downloading at http://www.pnwups.co...ver_2013-01.pdf.
January’s featured photographers are Wendy and Bruce Carey from Crofton, Vancouver Island, and Steve Zedekar, Vancouver, Washington. Wendy authored Up Close and Personal: An Underwater View of Vancouver Island. Our featured operator is Copper Island Dive, based in Salmon Arm, BC. Greg Sweeney contributes the first of two articles on pole cams.
There is information about Vancouver BC Aquarium’s Divers’ Weekend, and the new Portland Aquarium. Also, check out the "From the Archives" video: 247’ on air in 1956!
The Travel Section contains a review and photos of the October Sea of Cortez whale shark, sea lion, and marine critter outing, and a listing of up-coming trips:
- Monterey/Pt Lobos (May, 2013)
- Barkley Sound Shark Week (August, 2013)
- Adams River, BC Sockeye Salmon Run (October, 2013)
- La Paz Whale Sharks, Sea Lions, & Marine Life (October, 2013)
- Grey Whale Moms & Babies (February, 2014)