• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kevster

Kevster

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

I would like to be able to use the 14-42X lens + Panny UWL conversion lens with the 3.5" dome port.
Unfortunately this commbination is too long for the dome port (the UWL lens hits the dome port preventing the dome attaching to the housing)

If i add the 20 or 30 mini extension ring, this set up may work. Anyone know whether i should get the 20 or 30 extension ring.

There is no info on the Nauticam website regarding this combination 14-42X+UWL to fit the 3.5" mini dome.
GH2, NA-GH2, 8mm,14mm,25mm,45mm,14-42x mm,14-140mm,100-300mm

#2 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

Nauticam has a port coming for the W/A and fisheye adapters with that lens along with a port for the excellent Olympus 12mm on the port road map at the Nauticam.com site.

I own the 20mm extension ring for my 45 macro port which allows me to use my Olympus 60 macro with the Panasonic 45macro port. It would work with any of the mirrorless camera ports and it adds 20mm in extension. My guess is that the 20 would be the best choice with the 3.5 inch port or wait for the port designed for the lens and adapter combo.

Phil Rudin

#3 Kenr

Kenr

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Diving,
    Yoga,
    Photography
    Running
    Cars
    Travel
    Good food

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Pardon my ignorance but what is a Pana UWL conversion lens?
Ken

#4 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

An optical glass adapter that attaches directly to the front of the lens to widen the AOV of the lens from 14mm to around 11mm behind the dome.

#5 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1045 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

The fisheye lens, DMW-GFC1 has been tested by Nauticam, and a port is somewhere between being considered and being produced, but I don't have any information on exactly where that stands.

I've dived the lens, and personally didn't feel that it was wide enough at 120 degrees to be a viable replacement for 8mm It might be a "good enough" 7-14 alternative.

I actually still have the prototype here, and noticed that it is almost identical to 36132 4.33" Fisheye Dome Port + 36630 Mini Extension Ring 30.

Posted Image

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com