2 replies to this topic

#1 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

I finally got around to editing this:

Oliver Spear - 7 months old - Learning to Swim.

[youtubehd]Q_kqplOxytU[/youtubehd]

All filmed on a 7D @ 720p50 and then conformed to 25p. I used Twixtor for the ultra slowmo and from memory I used 1/400 shutter speed to keep the images nice and clean so limiting the motion blur. Twixtor is pretty good, but it does have its limitations and it really, really hates any object moving too fast.

Cheers, Simon

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10631 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Cute kid, Simon.

While Twixtor will not replace a high speed camera, I've found it works well if you shoot for it. How did you apply it? The plug in in AE or some NLE, and did you conform to 25p after Twixtor or before? There are plenty of blogs saying the AE plug in works the best. I usually choose a shutter speed that's a multiple of the fps you want the effect. So it does take a bit of preplanning. Anyhow, enjoy fatherhood! :)

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Yeah he is a bit bigger now Drew and a bit more of a handful. His current party trick is to run around making Dinosaur noises. Boys! Posted Image

I used the FCP plugin and I'd conformed to 25p before I used Twixtor. To be honest I'd never even thought about trying it the other way around, but I'll give it a go. I've got AE CS6 now so I could give that a try now too.

Cheers, Simon

Edited by SimonSpear, 07 February 2013 - 07:01 AM.