Photo

For sale, half price: Fisheye FIX housing setup and Canon S90 (2)

fisheye fix housing canon S90 for sale

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 glewbel

glewbel

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hi, fellow divers.

I'm going to upgrade my underwater photography setup and would like to sell my present housing and cameras (main and backup).

Everything is in excellent condition--I'm somewhat of a fanatic when it comes to maintenance--and this would be a great way for you to get into underwater photography or upgrade from a plastic housing to a metal housing. You can see some of the shots I've taken with this exact setup here:

http://www.flickr.co...tos/firststage/

HOUSING AND CAMERAS

Fisheye FIX housing for Canon Powershot S90 (original cost $871)

Fisheye FIX strobe mask for an optical trigger cable to your strobe (original cost $32).

Fisheye FIX spare O-ring (original cost $16)

Two Canon Powershot S90 cameras, one used in the housing and the other still new and unused as a spare (original cost $306 x 2 = $612)

Canon spare battery for S90 (original cost $39)

I'll only sell the items listed above as a complete setup. The price is fair and fixed at $785, which is half the original cost ($1,570). I'd be happy to show you my receipts from Backscatter and Amazon. I don't want to haggle so please don't ask.

ADD-ONS FOR ultra-wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) SHOTS AND MACRO SHOTS

I also have two add-on lenses that greatly extend the capabilities of the original housing. They can be used with my new housing, so I don't actually NEED to sell them, but if having them would make the main package more attractive to you, I'll sell them for $469, which is 2/3 the original cost from Backscatter ($704). With them, you can have a totally versatile setup for everything from wide-angle to macro shots. The basic housing does have a flat glass port so you can of course use the camera's built-in zoom to go from wide to fairly close-up, but these lenses provide a much wider range of options for amazing shots.

Fisheye FIX ultra-wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) Lens UWL-04 (original cost $435)

Fisheye FIX Easy Close-up Lens, 2 elements (original cost $217)

Fisheye FIX 52-mm adapter, necessary to mate housing with Easy Close-up Lens and ultra-wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) Lens (original cost $52)

WHAT ELSE YOU WILL NEED

You'll need an underwater strobe with an optical trigger cable (I shoot a Sea & Sea YS-01 with this housing), an arm to hold the strobe, and a tray or other way to mount the strobe arm to the housing. The hardware that I like the best comes from Ultralight Control Arms (ULC). I'll be re-using my present strobe, tray, and arm with the new housing so they aren't for sale.

SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL USA

Get in touch with me by email to first.stage@yahoo.com if you're interested in this package, and let me know your zip code. I think that insured ground shipping from California via UPS will be between $20 and $40 depending on where you live. I'll charge you whatever UPS charges me.

PAYMENT

Payment accepted via PayPal only, please.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fisheye fix, housing, canon S90, for sale