• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nick T

Nick T

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Starring a super-smily Ringed chromodoris, mating Black-saddled tobies, a lone Lionfish and our favourite Flathead crocodilefish. Feedback welcome!

[vimeohd]55886456[/vimeohd]

#2 Ferg42

Ferg42

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Nice work. I was out in Oman- Musandam, Muscat area and Hallaniyats in October shooting a documentary film for the government- we had some great dives.
By way of critique, one thing I would say was that on my monitor at least, it looked a bit on the contrasty side for some shots- with some blown highlights, maybe it's something that could be corrected. Exposure in the shallows is often tricky, with the pulses of bright light, especially when you have small areas of white in the image- like the chromodoris or the lionfish stripes.
You got some nice, steady shots though.
EOS 7D, Nauticam housing, EOS 5D II, Ikelite, Inon z240, Inon D180, Tok 10-17, 15 FE, 17-40, 105 Macro
Sony HC7, Gates Housing
Visit My Website

#3 Nick T

Nick T

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, I see exactly what you mean - thanks a lot for the comments! I'm working down in Salalah, and yes, the diving here is great. A lot of animals here seem to be quite a bit larger than anywhere else I've seen them... Any plans to come back this way?