• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

After an experimental trip shooting video with the RX100 that was quite good I got myself a Panasonic LX7
Whilst I have no doubt that for stills the RX100 is the camera of choice for video am not quite sure
Anyway this is a little comparison of the two cameras side by side in video mode

No fish just my fireplace but gives a good idea I think of what to expect under water

I am going to put some thoughts on my blog later on when it goes on line this will be the link

Something went wrong with wordpress this is the link

http://interceptor12...and-features-2/

Edited by Interceptor121, 20 January 2013 - 02:36 AM.

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#2 Kenr

Kenr

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Diving,
    Yoga,
    Photography
    Running
    Cars
    Travel
    Good food

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

I would think the Inon UWL H100 28M67 type 2 will work with your the LX7 with the nauticam housing. It works just fine with the LX5. Call reef photo they may know.
Ken

#3 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yes I think that one might be the only lens that works OK. The LX7 has a different shape sensor than the LX5 with the same field of view in any shooting mode
Another fellow diver has the lens and the same housing but has not tested it in water yet

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#4 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Nice job! Glad you like the LX-7. Its bright lens really useful even on cloudy day. I do notice if you shoot photo in i.A mode, it take a while for the white balance to correct itself. I'm just starting to play with this camera in depth. The Manual focus nob is quite tricky to use. Will get my housing next month as I'm still clearing my holiday bills!

#5 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Interesting camera as the image looks brighter than how it looks with your naked eye. I would believe my eyes are f/1.8 hahaha

The good news is some controls are actually easier with the camera in the housing that on its own, really weird

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog