3 replies to this topic

#1 kc_moses

kc_moses

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Don't know who shot it, but I stumble across it:

http://nauticam.smugmug.com/HousingTests/NA-LX7/26018706_8kWxwN#!i=2159948697&k=w7RJR7Z

I looked at the original size photos, it's very impressive and can't see much noise. I do hope there is some info about the wet diopter used. I'm getting ready to buy the Subsee sets and hope that's the right choice!

#2 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Nauticam uses subsee
However the lx7 has such a small capture area that you really don't need a +10
I have bought an Olympus for my lx7 not a lot of magnification but incredible optical quality

#3 kc_moses

kc_moses

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hmm.... which Olympus you're referring to? You have some photos sample? I'm really new to diopter, so you're saying the larger the magnification, the more depth of field you will get so only a small area in the center will be focus? For pygmy seahorse size creature, +5 is enought?

#4 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hmm.... which Olympus you're referring to? You have some photos sample? I'm really new to diopter, so you're saying the larger the magnification, the more depth of field you will get so only a small area in the center will be focus? For pygmy seahorse size creature, +5 is enought?

I am saying you need to know how big is the capture are before you determine the magnification you need
Compact cameras are not DSLR so you have to work out what you need before you buy
I compared the lx7 with the s95 and rx100 i think you don't need more than +4 for Pygmy
+10 not needed at all unless you want to shoot the eye of the seahorse