3 replies to this topic

#1 biminitwist

biminitwist

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Diving, UW Video and travel

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

We have a Nauticam D7000 housing and while shooting mostly macro we discovered the Zen 100 port caused all WA images to be slightly soft and lacking sharpness. It works with the Nauticam #20 extension ring but has vignetting on full wide but at least no focus issues. We have checked the lens which has a build in "port" designed to verify it is correct model and the Tokina lens works fine out of water-correctly but in combination the same issue. We had thought it was just us till Burt Jones was nice enough to trouble shoot this on our last trip.
Has anyone had similar issues or possible fix?
Thanks.
John

#2 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Sounds like you may have the Zen- DP100-NT which has the 20mm extension built-in. No need for the extra 20mm extension. The DP-100-NN does need the extension.

Jack

Edited by JackConnick, 29 January 2013 - 05:19 PM.

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com Sea & Sea, Olympus, Ikelite, Athena, Zen, Fix, Nauticam, Aquatica, Gates, 10Bar, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line -
Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories

Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean: Above & Below
Flickr Gallerys: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#3 biminitwist

biminitwist

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Diving, UW Video and travel

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Thats what the Ryan of REEF verified as it was the right Zen dome for the 10-17 and lots of them have been sold so it's not an issue with the port (they maintain) but I can't see why it works with the extension ring changing no other settings?
I have to do some pool testing to give them better example pictures of the issue but was wondering if anyone had similar issues or there was a D7000 setting that might be off.
Thanks.
John

#4 Alex_Tattersall

Alex_Tattersall

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

I’ve never had an issue with this combination, what aperture setting are you using? I wouldn’t open up more than F11, maybe F9 at a push.
www.flickr.com/photos/alextattersall

www.nauticamuk.com
www.uwvisions.com
Exclusive official importer of Nauticam products into the UK and Ireland