5 replies to this topic

#1 Jock

Jock

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Hello,

cannot find infos in the web about the diameter of the Intova arm BA6 (or BA10 etc.) - is this arm compatible with the ultralight system, i.e. ball diameter 1" ?

The only infos I can find says it is compatible with the Intova system. The company itself does not list it on the homepage, so maybe it is a 3rd party product sold under their name?

Jock

---
http://www.dive-images.de
---

Olympus OM-D EM5, Inon Z240 and Nikonos RS, Ikelite SS200

#2 Jock

Jock

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Since nobody seems to know, I just ordered two of these arms. They are compatible with ULCS arms! I paid only 7.50EUR per arm, in the US they are even cheaper (6.95$ at Adorama). A rare gem - an item for uw-photography that does not cost a fortune! 

Jock

Attached Images

• BA6.jpg

---
http://www.dive-images.de
---

Olympus OM-D EM5, Inon Z240 and Nikonos RS, Ikelite SS200

#3 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Buy some extra o-rings - I picked up some of these and the o-rings dried out and split on me after only 1 trip; not sure if they're using really cheap rubber or what.  I found a 20-pack of faucet washers at a home improvement store for like $2.50 that were just about perfect in both cross-section and "o" diameter.

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...

#4 Basileus

Basileus

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

Since nobody seems to know, I just ordered two of these arms. They are compatible with ULCS arms! I paid only 7.50EUR per arm, in the US they are even cheaper (6.95$ at Adorama). A rare gem - an item for uw-photography that does not cost a fortune! 

Jock

got two 8", will (intend to) use with net floats as they fit well in the central hole on most floats (10-12 mm). just worry about ball-rod joint. this arms are made not as a solid thing, alike ULCS (INON, Nauticam...)

#5 pointy

pointy

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

got two 8", will (intend to) use with net floats as they fit well in the central hole on most floats (10-12 mm). just worry about ball-rod joint. this arms are made not as a solid thing, alike ULCS (INON, Nauticam...)

Hello Basileus, 

Could you describe your net floats? Do they suspend your camera in a fairly upright position by providing buoyancy from above?

I fashioned a couple of suspending floats that clip onto my strobes. This is a good solution for me, since my strobe arms are very short - adding buoyancy in the usual way, by wrapping foam around the arms, makes it impossible for me to position the strobes the way I want. My floats give nearly perfectly balaced neutral buoyancy when used with two strobes and a heavy focus light, but maybe it would be even better to use nets, so that buoyancy can be easily varied to suit different equipment.

John McCracken

#6 Nuno A

Nuno A

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Jock

Hi

Could you tell me the brand and where you get those arms ? I looking for another set and everything is so expensive !!!