So let me paint the picture for you:
- Used a G10, 2 strobes and stacked macro lenses for around 3 years all on manual
- Now upgraded to the 7D with the NA-7D, two Z240's, flat port, zen mini dome
- Today was my first venture under with the new gear, only arrived 2 days ago
- Was very worried about the steep learning curve involved however I am quite pleased with results....opinions?
- I didn't try anything creative today (bokeh etc.), just getting used to how the system works, using everything on manual again
- I am SOO SOO HAPPY i made the jump to DSLR, so much fun & flexibility with lighting
- Today was with the 100m macro
- Still need to get used to strobe positioning to get rid of backscatter
- LOVE LOVE LOVE the 100mm for fish shots!!
- Here are a few pics below, please go to for more from today
Arc-Eye Hawkfish - Paracirrhites arcatus by LukeyG46, on Flickr
Chromodoris tritos by LukeyG46, on Flickr
Hawksbill Turtle - Eretmochelys imbricata by LukeyG46, on Flickr
Tomorrow I will play around with some bokeh effects and different strobe positions/settings....
Any comments are very welcome,
Thanks in advance,
Sorry for me pics: http://www.flickr.co...luke_gordon_uw/