• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1378 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Does anyone have a link to per second rates for public display? Looking at a couple of minutes of footage for a 3-4 year exhibition display on giant screens.

More/less than broadcast? More/less than web use? More/less than DVD use? There is an element of public conservation education involved so I'm happy to go in a little lower than usual, but for once I literally have no idea what to quote!

Cheers, Simon

#2 decosnapper

decosnapper

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Have you asked what their budget is? My first rule of negotiation is to ask the other party to name a price first...it might be higher than you were thinking of...
Simon Brown

www.simonbrownimages.com

#3 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1378 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hi Simon

Yes I agree 100% that it is always worth asking what is in the budget and I'm already awaiting a response on that. I'm really just trying to get an idea on what this type of use is normally worth as I guess it is fairly rare use for Rights Managed footage.

Cheers, Simon

#4 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1378 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

I've had some feedback elsewhere which suggests that 50% of broadcast rates is a good starting point for Public Display/Trade Shows/Exhibitions. Anyone agree/disagree with that?

Cheers, Simon

#5 RWBrooks

RWBrooks

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Interests:The Natural World, the sciences

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hi Simon, try contacting Ocean Footage. I've sold stuff through them before for applications such as this. They would know the going rate for this type of thing.

Richard

Richard Brooks
Media Producer
Federated States of Micronesia

Visit My Website(s)

#6 scaper

scaper

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Go to Ocean Footage, preview some similar footage and select a use category that's close to yours and you can see what they would charge.

Pat

#7 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1378 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Yes I did look at a couple of stock agencies for RM Public Performance rates, but they are generally per clip and not per second.

I think we've come to an agreement now and I'm happy so thanks for the input! :)

Cheers, Simon