• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emocean

emocean

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

I have a Light & Motion Wide angle lens that I need to take apart to clean. I believe it is the 100 or 135 degree model and I know that it was made in house by L&M rather than one of the later Fathom lenses. it was originally for a PD150 housing and has an adapter ring to fit on the A1 Bluefin housing.
I regularly strip and clean the standard wide angle lens for the Bluefin by removing the O ring from the inside lens and then taking out the inner lens.
The wide angle does not have an O ring on the inside lens, it only has one on the outside dome glass lens. I have removed the outer O ring but I cannot get the lens to move. It looks like there is another O ring around the outer edge of the outer dome glass lens. I have tried a small suction pad to grip the lens and pull it out but I cannot move it.
Can any one help?
I have tried L&M via their service ticket system with regard to several issues and have only once received an automated response followed by absolutely nothing.

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10635 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

I think you will need to call L&M on the phone. Any good lens would be vacuum or nitrogen sealed so unless you have that sort of equipment around, you are not going to be able to reseal it Good luck..

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.