Photo
- - - - -

Any experience with the Panasonic HDC-Z1000?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kimmeineche

Kimmeineche

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Stereo/3D Underwaterphoto/video-graphy, Marinelife and archaeology, diving and building cameraequipment.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hi All!

Still looking for at better solution than my Fuji W3 in a homebuild housing, I would like to know if some one here at wetpixel have any experience or comments on the Panasonic HDC-Z10000.

Compared to the the usual trade in camcorders, 3D-systems seems to be very few with less you want to mess with dual rigs, genlocking, mirrors, etc… and when it comes to underwateruse with needs of wide or extreme wideangle lenses, the possible choices become even fever!

With my discover of this http://www.cyclopita...D-ADAPTERS.html (Wide and extreme wide angle adapter is found in the middle of the site) from cyclopital3D, I think the HDC-Z10000 could be an interesting choice for underwateruse. Plenty of websites and Panasonic themselves rate this camcorder as ”Professional” but how good is this camcorder when it comes to reallity and compared to other professional camcorders?

Personally I like:

Dual sensors/lenses (No genlocking, no mirrors, only one camcorder, etc…)
Manual WB
Manual convergence
Image stabilizing
External monitor is possible
Focus in only 45cm (Macro)

My concerns:
How good Is the dynamic range compared to other truely professional camcorders?
Is video developing so fast (Looks like 4K is just around the corner?) that the price of the Panasonic HDC-Z10000 will come down remarkable in a short time?
Lack of any possibility that I will miss underwater?

Any help or discussing on the subject will be highly appreciated before I throw myself and my money into another project! :-)

Thank you very much in advance from Kim Meineche

#2 CheungyDiver

CheungyDiver

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Interests:Lots. I take things apart, modify things and make things.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hi Kimmeineche

Welcome back. 3D forum is a bit quite lately.

Panasonic HDC-Z10000 seems to have faded away since launch. I was looking for one but none were sold here is Singapore.
I have tried the Sony TD 10. Works great. I am looking for new home for this fella. If you could make a housing for it then its going cheap. I could even help you get the controls.
Looking at making a housing for the XF105. On land I use a Hurricane rig. I would be very interested in making a UW mirror rig like you did with two Nexus housings. Can I send you private email maybe on this project- that is if you are interested :)

Cheers
David

Proprietor of Scubacam, Singapore. Commercial videocameraman. Also shoot digital stills. I modify and built stuff. I love technology. Camera: Red Epic/ Scarlet and soon Dragon

Email: info@scubacam.com.sg

http://www.scubacam.com.sg/

#3 Kimmeineche

Kimmeineche

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Stereo/3D Underwaterphoto/video-graphy, Marinelife and archaeology, diving and building cameraequipment.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hi David!

Thanks for your offer, but I would really love to have something with manual WB (As far I rememeber it's only accessable through the touchscreen on the TD10?).

I found the Hurricane rig at youtube. Looks very cool..... and very huge! :-)

You are more than welcome to mail me at: kim(a)photoub.dk ... I'm about to leave for the dayly work!

Best regards again from Kim!

Hi Kimmeineche

Welcome back. 3D forum is a bit quite lately.

Panasonic HDC-Z10000 seems to have faded away since launch. I was looking for one but none were sold here is Singapore.
I have tried the Sony TD 10. Works great. I am looking for new home for this fella. If you could make a housing for it then its going cheap. I could even help you get the controls.
Looking at making a housing for the XF105. On land I use a Hurricane rig. I would be very interested in making a UW mirror rig like you did with two Nexus housings. Can I send you private email maybe on this project- that is if you are interested Posted Image

Cheers
David