• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 basse

basse

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

This is the time that the beautiful nudibranches spawn here on the west coast of Norway. So me and my buddy went for some nudibranch hunting! Since the waters are so cold during the winter ( 34F) our only option is a heavy duty drysuit. We managed one hour bottomtime, but then it was time to head for the surface to a hot cup of coffee! I use an canon 350d in an ikelite housing. 160ds strobes and a l&m sola 800 focus light.

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 rumblefish

rumblefish

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photography and wreckdiving. Editor in chief of 'Onderwatersport', the monthly magazine of the Dutch Dive Branch.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

wow, great lighting!
--Rob

Nikon D600, Nikon D80, Tokina 10-17mm FE, Sigma 14mm, 24mm macro, Nikon 60mm macro, Sigma 180mm macro. Nauticam NA-D600, 45° viewfinder, Subal ND80, GS180 viewfinder. Sea&Sea YS350 and YS90. ULCS arms.

#3 basse

basse

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Thx! Great conditions for photo that day! We are rarely blessed with clear water, so wintertime is the time!

#4 hairyfish

hairyfish

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Impressive.

#5 MortenHansen

MortenHansen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Great images, quick question, does the nudibranchs in Norway swim around a lot?

#6 basse

basse

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

I dont think so.. But on this dive sight, the tidal current gets pretty rough, so either the slugs "throw" themself in to the current, or they loose their grip on the celp. Im pretty new to this hobby, so i dont have that much info on their behaveior...

#7 Autopsea

Autopsea

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

Nice images, reminds me my dives in Alaska !

I might go diving in Norway someday. Summer. Is there any places in the country (West) that are better than others (for diving) ? (with my own boat, no needs for diving structure).

#8 basse

basse

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

I live in Bergen, and have unlimited divesights! But you should visit www.gulendykkesenter.no there you can get alot of info! Or you can contact me, and the club if you come to bergen!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nudibranch, norway, cold water, green water, ikelite