• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 idpfish

idpfish

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

hey I`m still looking at the olympus omd-em5 and i have the subsee 10+ already and want to use that on the new system from what ive been reading it looks like the 12-50mm lens at 50mm with the subsee gets good results.

so hows it work with the 4" wide angle port and flip holder for the subsee that nauticam produces should i look at that as a way of covering more working range till the time comes to buy the 60mm macro and port and larger dome port as well

then with the 200 odd saved i could get the tray and a new arm for my focus light

any help is appreciated thank Ian

#2 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

The simple answer is that you can't have it both ways. Behind a flat port the lens AOV is reduced giving you greater distance between lens and subject. As a result the wide end of the lens suffers. With the dome the AOV of the lens is wider and you will need to get closer to the subject to fill the frame with the same subject, as a result the long end of the lens (50mm) will suffer. Adding the closeup lens will work with both the dome or flat port but the AOV difference will remain the same between the two ports giving more magnification with the flat and less with the dome.

Phil Rudin

#3 idpfish

idpfish

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

hey Phil
thanks for the info i know its a big ask to get it all out of this set up i think i`ll have to just go for the flat port with the flip holder as i have the subsee already so ill ring the shop tomorrow and see if the flip holder for the flat ports in stock and go from there

thanks again ian