Photo
- - - - -

What about the Sony NX5 underwater - anyone?

Sony NX5Amphibico images color underwater

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Enver

Enver

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I need some help from you out there.
About a year ago I swithed from Sony V1E to the NX5E (w/ Amphibico). It was a struggle ... with Amphibico going out of business and my 1st NX5 having massive electronics problems. Now all seems to be OK technically. BUT... to make a long story short... the NX5 just doesn't seem to deliver the crispy, color rich and clear images I used to get from my V1E. Even in FULL AUTO, the V1E delivered quite acceptable pic's, as where the NX5 needs extensive Picture Profiles to even come close to the V1. Above water the NX5 is great, underwater it seems to forget it's a camera! MY QUESTION TO YOU ALL, has anyone had any experience with the NX5? And if yes what are those? Positive/negative? Any tricks or tips are VERY WELCOME!

regards,
Evert

#2 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Above water the NX5 is great, underwater it seems to forget it's a camera!

Hi Enver

That sounds all too familiar!

Are there any more details you can give us (descriptions, screenshots etc etc)? Any similarities to the problems we've been seeing with the FS100 and FS700? Have Sony dropped the ball for shooting underwater with the entire NXCAM range of camers? Posted Image

Cheers, Simon

Edited by SimonSpear, 13 February 2013 - 01:10 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sony NX5Amphibico, images, color, underwater