• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan swain

Dan swain

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I have been diving with a D80 in a ikelite housing and a DS125 strobe i has been working fine until today when i try to fire the strobe manually its fine all the lights are on but but when i try and take a photo with flash on it wont fire. I removed the cable whilst the flash was still on {silly i know it was an accident} and it fired. I dont understand why i wont work anyone had a similar problem or know how to fix it would be amazing.

many thanks dan,

#2 cneal

cneal

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Possible cable problem. If you don't have a spare cable to try, on the Ikelite web site you can find a diagram of the two connectors to short together to cause the strobe to fire. As the notes with the diagram it say to be careful and only short the specified connectors.

Cables are consumables. They flood, they crimp and break internally, and have a host of other failure modes. You should always carry a spare on a trip.

#3 DiverPam

DiverPam

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

This happened to me in the past with my DS125 - finally figured out the prongs on the sync cord were not in contact with the bulkhead on the camera. Check the prongs on the sync cord and make sure they are okay.

Let us know what you figure out - Pam

Nikon D90 in Aquatica Housing, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm macro, 105mm macro, Sigma 17-70mm, + Ikelite DS 161 and DS-125 strobe combo  www.flickr.com/photos/pammurph/

The Fin Foundation